Tuesday 24 February 2009

4- the Oscars




INTEVIEW

Woody Allen talks about the Oscars

- Do you feel happy for having been nominated in the Oscars?
No, I don’t. I don’t think about the Oscars and I don’t think about the Golden globes either. I would like that the prizes will represent something, but unfortunately seen the way in which they are organized, I don’t believe that they serve for much ".
- So you aren't agreeing with the nomination of the Oscars 2009 for Vicki Cristina Barcelona?
Not exactly. "Vicky Cristina Barcelona” for me was history before the Oscars, I did it two years ago, already it was released, the people liked it and I’m grateful for it.
- Looking back on your career, it’s so amazing, everyone is clamoring to work with you, you have total creative control. Have you ever just sat back and thought to yourself, I am just incredibly lucky?
I say that all the time. I always say that I’ve been incredibly lucky and that people have a tendency to underplay the roll of luck in life and I feel that people underplay that because they’re so scared to lose control. I don’t feel that. I feel that I’ve been completely lucky.


Listen

No comments: